Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Strippa & Kolong - Behind the Scenes

Hey all,

May went by pretty fast for me. Again, the rendering for OIL is basically done. There are 3 posed images left to render, but as I frequently need my PC to do other work and these renders take several hours each, I'll need to find the time to do them in. Then there will be big editing phase but we'll be releasing a couple more Character Interviews in the meantime.

I also decided to finish the Phoebe set that I started many years ago just to get it over with and help clear out my backlog a bit more. I have two more images to go with that... and then the editing process...

But hey, remember when I talked about that behind the scenes post for the Strippa & Kolong: Origin mini set all the way back in January? Well I guess this is it? Here's a bunch of concept and wip images I made while designing Strippa:


First off I already posted some images of her design in this initial post: here.

So after checking them out, I'll start with some shots or her from behind.



As you might notice, her tail was originally going to be much thicker but we changed it to be thinner for the final design as can be seen in the section below this.



Here's a t-pose turn-around (sorta) of her final proportions. Ignore the fact that the tail isn't properly blended into her lower torso on the last pic there, usually that's where I'd do some of my slowpoke "editing, but I didn't bother for this WIP design shot.



Now onto the outfit. As for her casual clothes we wanted something with a bit of "class" to it. She's supposed to be royalty after all. I actually really like how it turned out: the golden heels, classy floral top, scale textured micro skirt and her tiny leopard print thong peeking out. It's a shame she won't be wearing it anymore :3!

 

Then there's her royal gear: the robe and crown. We decided there was too much purple here, so we went with a green robe in the final design.



At first her slave body-suit was going to be like this:




But then I found this piece which looked a lot hotter:




As you can see, many different colors were considered before the final red was selected:
 
 

As for Kolong, nothing major was changed for him. As per usual, a lot more effort and importance was placed on the design of Strippa :P. However, originally Kolong looked a little bit tougher, but those features were toned down in the final version. The Incubi here are supposed to be the brains, while the Succubi are the brawn.



And here is a test render of Strippa's Royal Chambers. I was also pretty impressed with how this set piece turned out (although some textures are messed up in this particular test).



I'm not done with the Succubi and Incubi characters yet. Next we'll be focusing on a group of younger succubi girls who are left to deal with the social ramifications of Queen Strippa's official ratification of the terms of the Kingdom-wide Master & Slave "Game" proposed by Kolong. The following sets will be longer in length, but I'll be finishing up some of my other projects before then. Here's a sneak peak at one of the girls - "Etriganna":




More blog posts coming soon... I swear!

~ Jim

2 comments:

  1. Mr. Steal Your WaifuMay 31, 2018 at 1:21 PM

    AWESOME! I had forgotten how much we went through to get to the final versions. Yes it's a shame Strippa won't be wearing her casual clothes anymore but it's all for the sake of the "Game" and helps with the :immersion" after all ;)

    Glad you showed Etriganna. FYI ppl she's the main character for the younger succubi girls yo'll all be seeing hopefully soon ;)

    ReplyDelete